What are Tens Machines used for?
Tens Machines tend to be used to help reduce pain in nerves, joints, muscles and much more. Unlike medication, there are virtually not side effects when using Tens Machines, which is a bonus for those wanting to stay away from medication.
Tens Machines are used to treat the following symptoms:
- Tens for Period Pains
- Tens for Labour pains
- Tens for Muscle Soreness
- Tens for Back Pain
- Tens for Shoulder Pain
- Increase Blood Circulation
They have also been known to alleviate pain for the following conditions:
- Spinal Cord Injuries
- An array of sports injuries
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Painful diabetic neuropathy
And many more..
Do tens machines work?
Yes, many studies have shown that Tens Machines have been known to alleviate pain and do help to treat many different things (as seen as above). A study on woman during painful menstrual cramps with Tens devices and placebo’s shows that Tens Units are highly effective - Study can be found here.
Tens Machines come with several fantastic benefits including:
- Instant pain relief: Once the electrodes are placed, it will not take long for the device to work it’s magic and begin providing you with pain relief.
- Affordable: Tens is available to everyone. It is not beyond reach of the average person and the prices come at different affordable levels for different things.
- Reduces Inflammation: Tens machines aim to take care of the inflammation first which in turn then takes care of the pain.
- Massages: The combination of Tens and EMS – these machines have different advantages. By changing settings on the remote, these devices can even turn into a massager that has different speeds. Naturally the massaging will help loosen muscles, reduce pain and drive blood circulation to that area.
- No side effects: As mentioned above, Tens has no real side-effects which is a made plus when you want to avoid medication.
- Long Usage: There should be no fear of addiction when using Tens Machines. Tens devices can be used for long periods without worrying, as long as you keep safety precautions in mind.
- Strengthen your nerves: Tens gives electrical impulses which helps correcting nerve signalling. Prolonged usage may even reverse nerve damage.
Does a tens machine tone muscle?
A Tens Machines unfortunately does not build muscle, however an EMS device can in fact help you tone and strengthen your muscles.
Can a tens machine burn fat?
As mentioned above, unfortunately Tens doesn’t aim at muscle toning or burning muscle. This can be confused with EMS devices. EMS units can help build muscle mass, increase your metabolism and assist you in burning off excess fat at a much faster rate.
How long should I use a tens machine for?
It really depends on your reason for usage, however typically a machine is used for around 15-30 minutes per session, and can be used several times a day if needed.
How much is a tens machine?
We provide the highest quality of Tens Machines on the market, and our prices range from £26 - £100 for Tens Machines. For EMS machines, our prices usually range from £45 to £100+
See more Tens Machines
See more Combined Tens and Muscle Stimulators
Find out more about Muscle Stimulators (EMS devices)