How does an Ultrasound Machine work?
Ultrasound Machines convert electrical energy into strong waves for ultrasound therapy – the sound is beyond our normal hearing range, so you will not hear your ultrasound making much noise, or perhaps any noise at all during treatment. The portable ultrasound machine allows you to localise the ultrasonic energy and waves on a musculoskeletal pain – this naturally creates a therapeutic effect and inducing soft tissue healing.
Find out more about the benefits of an Ultrasound Machine.
Med-Fit Ultrasound therapy machines speed up healing by improving the blood circulation and general oxygen flow. This will naturally helps increase scar tissue breakdown which will improve mobility in tendons and joints of the user whilst increasing tissue relaxation.
What Is Ultrasound Therapy?
Ultrasound therapy is a treatment that is commonly used by physicians, however nowadays it’s become very easy for the public to do this type of treatment themselves if they follow instructions. Ultrasound therapy is a treatment to relieve pain and promote general tissue healing in specific treated areas.
There are two main types of Ultrasound Therapy – Thermal and Mechanical.
Both treatments use sound waves that are generated by the transducer head on the ultrasound machine. The transducer head looks a bit like the bottom of an iron, however, this is used to penetrate soft tissue. The main difference between these two ultrasound therapy treatments is the rate at which the sound waves penetrate the tissue.
1. Thermal Ultrasound Therapy – This uses a continuous transmission of sound waves to penetrate your soft tissue. The sound waves in thermal therapy cause microscopic vibrations in deep tissue molecules – this naturally increases friction and heat which encourages healing in the soft tissue, increasing the metabolism at the cellular level.
2. Mechanical Ultrasound Therapy – This is the use of pulse sound waves which penetrate the tissue. The mechanical therapy while still has a minor warming effect causes expansion and contractions in little gas bubbles within the soft tissue. This type of therapy reduces inflammatory response, naturally reducing swelling or any pain around the area of treatment.
How do I Use my Therapeutic Ultrasound Machine?
If you choose to buy a Therapeutic Ultrasound Machine we recommend selecting a small surface area (the area you wish to treat) to work on for anywhere between 5 to 10 minutes.
Before using the Ultrasound machine, a gel must be applied to the head of the transducer or to the targeted area of treatment. This Ultrasound Gel helps the sound waves evenly penetrate your skin and ensure you achieve the correct treatment.
Make sure you continue to move the transducer head over and around the selected area – do not keep it still otherwise your treatment will not work properly.
What is Ultrasound Therapy used for?
Ultrasound therapy is used for a various number of things – some ranging from pain relief others towards beauty, depending on the product and the MHZ you choose.
The 3Mhz ultrasound Machine is predominantly used for beauty, facial and skin care treatment – however it can also be used for pain relief but we advise choosing our other ultrasound machine for this.
The 3Mhz ultrasound therapy promotes cellular renewal, increases blood flow to the treated area, combats puffiness and swelling.
Some examples of 3mhz treatment benefits include:
• Smoothing of the skin.
• Reducing Acne.
• Exfoliate dead skin cells.
• Diminish wrinkles and fine lines.
• Tones facial muscles.
Our 1Mhz Ultrasound machine has a maximum depth of penetration of 7.5cm. This type of therapeutic ultrasound machine is usually used for pain relief and much more.
Some examples of the benefits when using the 1mhz Ultrasound Machine:
• Pain Relief
• Reduce Scar Tissue
• Improve Blood Circulation
• Sciatica pain or similar chronic conditions
• Sports Injuries
• Knee Pains, Joints pains and similar
• Reduce inflammation.
Does Ultrasound Therapy Work?
The general literature on ultrasound therapy is quite mixed, but mostly all positive.
A lot of studies show that it can be highly effective when controlling certain types of chronic pain, while other studies show that more effective or traditional methods can include Electrical Muscle Stimulation (EMS), however this is predominantly for pain control for multiple conditions.
Is an Ultrasound Machine safe to use?
Ultrasound Therapy Machine are deemed safe by multiple medical bodies and all our Ultrasound Machines are medically certified.
We advise never to keep the transducer head in one place for too long as this could cause potential burns to the tissue, which you may or may not feel.
Ultrasound therapy should not be used on these parts of the body:
- Over or near areas of malignant tumours
- Over areas with impaired sensations
- Around the eyes, breasts or sexual organs
- Over broken skin, healing fracture or lesions
- Over pelvic regions, lower back in women who are menstruating or pregnant.
- Should not be used by those who have a pacemaker.